zaterdag 30 januari 2010

PostHeaderIcon Yaoi - it's what keeps us from going out and killing people


I'll be the first to admit I used to dislike yaoi. Actually, I used to really hate it. It isn't that I discriminate gay people, or at least I 'hope I don't, I just wasn't comfortable watching yaoi/shounen ai. Don't worry, this isn't going to be an anti-yaoi post. On the contrary.

My prejudice against yaoi/shounen ai (from now on only reffered to as yaoi, since it takes me to long to keep writing both of them) started to fade away when I started watching anime that was yaoi-like. I started watching princess princess, which was about an all boys-school. To be honest, the whole boy liking boys dressed up as girls freaked me out a bit, but the intresting characters made me keep on watching, and I finished it pretty quick. And that was it, or so I thought.

After a while, I decided I needed to watch a real yaoi anime, for the simple fact that I hadn't. I started watching sukisho, and I enjoyed it, although I have only watched the first two episodes yet. But that still wasn't when I found out I really did like yaoi. I read a yaoi manga, also for the simple fact I hadn't yet read one. I read Wild Rock, a yaoi one-shot, with a very nice story-line and character development. I loved the manga, but still didn't consider myself a yaoi fan.

Then when did I start thinking of myself as a yaoi lover? It started when reading Hands off, a manga series which isn't yaoi. First off all, I love the serie. But secondly the main characters are all boys. So one is really hot, Tatsuki. One of the other main guys is Kotarou. Kotaro looks really girly and is Tatsuki's nephew. They have this love/hate relationship that is amazing and even though Kotarou had a girlfriend during the whole time I read the manga's I wished for them to become a couple. I knew they wouldn't but they would have been an amazing couple, they honestly would.

Since then, I kept liking yaoi couples. For example I love len Kagamine x Kaito. They are vocaloids but they look so good together. And of course Tamaki and Kyouya from Ouran High School Host club. They are really good together, even though I don't like Tamaki. I even make "Yaoi" couples in the crime series I usually watch. ( Flynn and Provenza from the closer <3) And now like watching pictures from emo guys kissing. It's all the power of yaoi!

0 reacties:

Een reactie posten

Zoeken in deze blog

Volgers